cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change status to cancelled and cannot change from Hold back to Processing

Cannot change status to cancelled and cannot change from Hold back to Processing

I cannot cancel an order that is in processing mode. It just says "You cannot Cancel Orders". I am an admin. I don't understand

Also If my merchant puts an order on hold or if I set it to hold status. Then I go back and set it to unhold. The status is just blank and you cannot set it to Processing again. 

Magento 2.2.6

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Cannot change status to cancelled and cannot change from Hold back to Processing

Hi @mousepad

Magento follow some flow for changing the status of orders. If the order status is Pending then you can Hold, Cancel & Processing order. If it is converted to Processing once which means that it could possible that we have generated Invoice for order then we won't be able to cancel or hold it but cab do refund.

Check the order flowchart here which is shared by Magento. Hope this will resolve your query & concern and you can find some alternative way.

URL: https://docs.magento.com/m2/ce/user_guide/sales/order-status-workflow.html

Problem solved? Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!

Let me know if you still have any query/ concern.

Re: Cannot change status to cancelled and cannot change from Hold back to Processing

Hi

well in magento , we can only hold and cancel the order where order is in pending state ..

so once the order is in processing state you can not cancel that order or make order as hold ..

if you wanted to do this make sure your order is in processing state , then and then you can do it ..

hope it helps
if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

Hello @mousepad,

Order statuses cannot be changed in the admin panel, as it disrupts the business logic of Magento itself. Generally, it’s only possible to cancel, hold and unhold pending orders. If you want to cancel an order with a ‘Processing’ status or ‘Complete" status you will have to create a credit note for this.

For more info you can look here https://www.mag-manager.com/useful-articles/magento-orders-management/magento-change-order-status-to...

--
If my answer is useful, please Accept as Solution & give Kudos

What about an order that is in HOLD status. If I set it to UNHOLD, then the status is just blank ? I need it to go to PROCESSING when it is unheld. 

Hi @mousepad

I have checked the actions you are trying to performed !

When order is in either pending/processing - we can put that order on hold from the admin panel of magento 2 - so when you click on the Hold button from any order - order status gets changed to Hold

now on the order you will see only Unhold button and send email etc option - when you click on the Unhold button - order gets released and again back to previous state (pending/processing)

So if you are seeing blank status when you click on Unhold button of the order - that means something is conflicting with your order module - do you have any extensions installed related to this order operations ? or if you can share screenshots or any error log - that would help us to troubleshoot the issue !

its working fine at my end on the latest version of magento 2

share your feedback for the same

Hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

Hello,

You can do from Database. Go in Sales_order table and find entity id and change Order status.

Regards

Gopal Gautam