cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cart empty after one hour

Cart empty after one hour

Hello, I'm encountering an issue with my Magento 2 store where the shopping cart becomes empty after an hour. Although I've set the cookie lifetime to one month both in the backend and in the PHP configuration, the problem persists. Would anyone happen to have any suggestions on what else I can try?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Cart empty after one hour

Hello @mschauerhe132f 

If you've already set the cookie lifetime to one month in both the Magento backend and PHP configuration but are still encountering issues with the shopping cart becoming empty after an hour, there are a few additional steps you can try:

1. Check for conflicts with third-party extensions: Some extensions may conflict with the cookie settings and cause the cart to become empty. Try disabling any recently installed extensions and see if the issue persists.

2. Check server settings: Make sure that your server settings are configured to support the cookie lifetime you have set. You may need to consult with your hosting provider or server administrator to ensure that the server settings are compatible with your Magento installation.

3. Try using a different browser or device: In some cases, the issue may be related to the user's browser or device. Try accessing the site from a different browser or device to see if the issue persists.

4. Check for caching: If you are using a caching system like Varnish or Cloudflare, it may be caching the cart page and causing it to become empty. Try disabling the caching system and see if the issue persists.

5. Check for session-related issues: Sometimes, issues with session storage or session cookie settings can cause the cart to become empty. Check your Magento logs for any session-related errors or warnings, and try adjusting your session storage settings if necessary.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, you may need to consult with a Magento developer or technical support team for further assistance.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now