cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configurable products with Customizable Options

Configurable products with Customizable Options

I have a configurable product, whose attribute is color, and the user can change the color of the product. Also I have added customizable options, with the sizes that the user can change. But each article that is generated does not include these options, is this normal?

If I add a size attribute from the configuration tab, the system generates a product for each size and for each color, so many necessary products are created.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Configurable products with Customizable Options

Hello @ManuelSissl 

Yes that's correct behavior ! if you add custom option to simple products of configurable products then it won't show on the frontend !

instead of that you will required to add those custom option into the configurable product options !

For your second options - yes if you choose size attribute from the configurable products then yes it will create all the combinations of products ! so if you doesn't want all the products you will require to remove those products manually ! or you can choose only specific size from the configuration screen so only those products can created.

Hope it helps  ! 

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

Hi, what do you mean when you said: "or you can choose only specific size from the configuration screen so only those products can created."?

I need to be able to create a configurable product for 16 colors and 4 sizes. But I want customers to be able to find the configurable product and each product separately. When the client finds a separate product by differentiating it by each color (that is, there are 16 associated products), he can choose the size. For example, the user chooses the main product, and he could chooses the color and size, or that the user opens the specific product (for example the red color), and within it can select the size. is this possible?

Currently, the system creates a configurable product with all the options, and 64 simple products where nothing can be selected. I need you to only generate 16 products and within you can select a size

Hi,

Please have a look at our new Configurable Products extension for Magento 2. It has a lot of features that will help you showing configurable products with the details of the associated simple products. The extension is regularly updated with new features like showing simple prices and tier prices on the listing page or mass update for tier prices. See here for all the features: https://www.best4mage.com/configurable-products-simple-details-magento-2.html

@ManuelSissl  Create 16 configurable product 1 for each color. For every color added the 4 product of each size you want the customer to select from. In this way customer will see 16 product. If you select any from those 16 color (example: Red), customer will see the option to select size.

Problem solved? Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

@Tarandeep Singh Thank you for your response. The problem is that I can not have a product with all colors and sizes as attributes, I have to have 16 products with sizes, right? There is no way for create a product to inherit some of the father's attributes (not all)?

@Manthan Dave I do not understand what you main, my question is, is it possible to create a configurable product with several attributes and that your children inherit one of those attributes?

@ManuelSissl  Yes you have to have 16 product with sizes. There is no way to inherit attribute from parent product.

Problem solved? Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

Is that right?

If a configurable article contains the custom options, these will not be displayed in the shopping cart. Associated simple articles from the parent product are displayed in the shopping cart, but these do not have a custom option.
You can test here.

https://ringederwelt.mironsoft.de/test-config

This is a configurable article with two associated simple articles. Configurable article has options that are not displayed in the shopping cart.
Do I have to activate something in the shop backend for this?

Many Thanks
Vladimir