cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Capture Only - Thoughts

Credit Card Capture Only - Thoughts

I am developing a site for a customer that has an extensive back-end inventory management system that needs to integrate payment methods (among other things). Currently, their website captures the credit card details and transmits them securely to their back-end system where they can then process the card depending on available merchandise, back orders, or a host of different reasons. 

I am trying to figure out the best way to setup Magento (2.1.13) to replicate the existing payment methods. The client would rather not process the credit card via the website as it really complicates their workflow. 

What would be the best way to go about doing this? Is there an extension that makes this easier? Do I need to put together a custom payment method? How would you go about doing this?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Credit Card Capture Only - Thoughts

@kitestopIf you are developing a new system then not sure why are you using Magento 2.1.3. Use the latest version.

You mentioned that you are capturing the fund on website then what is the use of sending CC details to your inventory system?

I would not recommend to send / share CC details. Not sure how your inventory software is build or it is a 3rd party. Right approach would be to use a token based payment and send authorize code to the Inventory management system. Capture the amount using token and update the Magento accordingly.

Problem solved? Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

Thanks for your response.

The desired behavior is that the website only captures the credit card information (#, Exp, CVV), transmits to the Inventory Management System and is stored there. The actual charge of funds would happen through the 3rd party Inventory Management System after a human has reviewed the order.

I am essentially wanting to have a standard payment method, but without transmitting to the credit card processor. Instead we would be transmitting to a 3rd party software where the credit card processing would take place.

I hope that clarifies things a bit.

@kitestopYou won't be able to find a custom solution like this. You'll have to create your own Payment module to achieve the same. You can look into how non credit card payment options are working and customize it to meet your requirement. There few few option available like Check / money order, purchase order etc.

Problem solved? Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.