cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Password Reset Magento 2.3.1

Customer Password Reset Magento 2.3.1

Customer is unable to reset their password, every time they click on forgot password this message appears "we are unable to send password reset email"

When I try to rest customer password from the back end I receive this error "something went wrong while resetting customer password"

Can anyone please help me how to fix it? 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Customer Password Reset Magento 2.3.1

Hi @Fahad Raza Bhojani 

I understand the issue you are facing while resetting the password of customers.

I would suggest to look into logs from Var/Log directory and filename will be exception.log file

Check that over there you will see a logs - post that logs over here so we can troubleshoot the issue further.

Hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

The log is so long I'm unable to post here could you please let me know how I can share it with you? 

Hi @Fahad Raza Bhojani ,

Could you please rename the existing log file (exception.log.old) and try to reset the password again. Now you must see new exception.log file with the error and post the error here.

Thanks!

I got similar issue with 2.3.3

I checked my system.log file:

main.CRITICAL: Exception message: Deprecated Functionality: idn_to_ascii(): INTL_IDNA_VARIANT_2003 is deprecated in /home/gs/public_html/store/vendor/zendframework/zend-validator/src/EmailAddress.php on line 560

For me it works both ways

1. Either downgrade the php version to 7.1 or
  2. in File vendor/zendframework/zend-validator/src/EmailAddress.php on line 560

update the line to return (@idn_to_ascii($email) ?: $email);

this worked for me in Magento ver. 2.3.3 with php version 7.2