cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer login error * BUMP

Customer login error * BUMP

Hi all,

I created a second Website instance, Store and View to display different categories (root category based).

Everything has been assigned properly.

After creating a user to log-into the secondary store (not the default one), it does not login.

If i set the secondary store to default, it logs in and of course the site displays as secondary (i.e. now default).

When i try to login with the correct info pointing to the secondary site, the error displays: "You did not sign in correctly or your account is temporarily disabled."

Am i missing something? Thanks!

A

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Customer login error * BUMP

@adam_artmanDo you have different domain for website? If you do I would recommend to check if cookie domain are configured properly. In your case for both the site cookie domain might be the same this why at a time you can sign in from the site for which Cookie domain get set properly.

Problem solved? Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

Thanks for your reply, I use 1 domain and different store configurations.

What would be a good way to have separate cookies for different customers that are set to login into 2 or more stores i.e. one site - www.domain.com has 2 store configurations.

PS. This is a customer login issue not admin login

Adam

@adam_artman  For 1 website and different store view default cookie should work. How does your URL look like? You just add the local/language at the end of the URL or something else?

Problem solved? Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

Hi Tarandeep, no, i am using 1 URL and 2 customer account store websites, each user is registered through the Admin with a designated Website and store view. i.e. by association -

https://sherocommerce.com/magento-2-multi-store-configuration/

This is all about customer accounts not Admins.. Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Adam