cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer unable to log in unable to get email new computer - V2.2.3 password reset issue

Customer unable to log in unable to get email new computer - V2.2.3 password reset issue

Hi,

I have a few customers who are unable to log into their store account.  In Magento 1.x, we used to be able to go into the backend and edit their profile and update with their new password and share it with them. I need a similar work around to allow this customer to log in.

Conditions

-customer unable to remember their password

-customer name not listed in locked section of admin panel

- customer not getting password reset email in spam or main inbox of customer.

- when one of the customers does get the password reset email, they are getting "something went wrong saving the new password" when trying to input a new password.

- documentation says if I set customer Password Reset Protection Type to None, you can reset password by store administrator, but no documentation on how to do this.

- both customers have new computers, so they have no idea the password.

- admin can't use the 'login as customer' backdoor/extension we installed since we don't know the old password.

- my typical customer is age 65 and not computer proficient.  I need a solution that I can do that won't confuse them more than they are already.

Any help would be appreciated.

-K