cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customers cannot login or reset password (community v2.1.8)

Customers cannot login or reset password (community v2.1.8)

Hello, 

I have a reoccurring problem when my store (Community v2.1.8) experiences high traffic (sales). 

Customers who have previously registered and logged in/made purchases are no longer able to do so. They receive a message that says "Invalid username or password". If they go to reset the password they will not receive the password reset email. If they try too many times they will receive a message saying they have exceeded the password reset limit. If I go to customers -> all customers -> search for them -> click reset password. They will receive the email but after they reset the password they receive the following message Something went wrong while saving the new password” 

If someone could please assist me that would be great. It is causing a lot of problems for my shopping cart. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Customers cannot login or reset password (community v2.1.8)

@ben_ayala

Try to login and check the log files in var/log directory when you get an error message on the frontend.

If you find my answer useful, Please click Kudos & Accept as Solution.

Re: Customers cannot login or reset password (community v2.1.8)

Hello @ben_ayala,

I have kind of similar issue and it resolved not in the best way.

please check this file /vendor/magento/module-customer/Controller/Account/CreatePassword.php

zgciE.png

and when you click the button on reset password email Magento try to access those query string params and get Failed

A9SAK.png

due to they accessing the wrong param.

to overcome this problem quickly all you need to just replace param token with amp;token

I know this is not the solution, but you can at least start with this.

--
If my answer is useful, please Accept as Solution & give Kudos