I am trying to configure DHL for my store. I have set it all up, but i cannot get it to work. I have configured all the parameters (screenshots attached) but I keep getting told its not available.
I have also set the address under Shipping Settings (as I found that as a possible solution online).
I set to debug and I have checked var/log and there is no log file for DHL in the folder.
It seems to be deciding that it isn't available and not using it and therefore not even trying to connect to the service.
Attached is the cart also showing the UK order etc.
All assistance and ideas greatly appreciated.
I found the solution to the issue, so I wanted to post this reply as it may help some other people.
Firstly, no log file for DHL seemed to be created. The DHL log files entries seemed to be in var/log/debug.log from the Magento home directory. So please search this file for dhl and you will find something to assist you.
Secondly I am in the UK, I was using the USA credentials. For the UK the credentials can be found on the last page of this document.
You must also set your location to UK in 'Shipping Settings'.
It then worked, with no trouble.
'DHL method not available' comes because of the following inconsistencies :
- Make sure that you are using DHL credentials(SITE ID, Password) of your country. For example, credentials of UK won't work in USA.
- Make sure that the shipper address is correctly provided.
- In the transaction, destination post code should also be present for the DHL API to show rates.
- Make sure your account is eligible for the services that you are expecting. Depending on the nature of your business, you may need to check with DHL and get the service activated.
- Finally, check whether additional services are applicable for your geography.
These factors should be enough for you debug the problem and get the solution.