cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database issue after deploying updated store version

Database issue after deploying updated store version

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to deploy un upgraded version of my multi-language Magento store and after pointing Apache to the newly deployed build I got very high load from sql queries like on the screenshot below:

Screen Shot 2019-04-18 at 6.42.53 PM.png

Those queries get piled up and some of them take hours to execute, during which CPU load goes beyond 300-400% and higher than usual memory consumption also present.

I figured out somehow that this may be related to multi-store setup which requires indexing etc. after new Magento code deployment (or some other other reason), but can't seem to find any solution to this. It looks like this is normal, but what may be causing this process? If I deploy the same Magento instance and point only one Vhost to it instead of all 4, those queries don't load the CPU.

My Magento setup is the following: current version - Open Source 2.2.7 with 4 websites configured and a total of 5 store views; newly deployed version - Open Source 2.2.8. Media folder is symlinked (if that matters) and all Apache Virtual Servers point to one symlink, which redirects to the current Magento build.

Should I do something about it or leave it like it is and wait until the queries get executed (though it is possible that those queries might crash the server occasionally)?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Database issue after deploying updated store version

We have queries backing up also. What kind of queries? Does it have to do with layered/filtered navigation. Also advanced search ---We had to turn off advanced search for some of our attributes.We have also had a problem with re-index hanging. We have been arm wresting with multitude of issues since our upgrade to 2.2.8.

We resolved one which was when we changed from developer to production mode we were getting 404's on minified files (js) and some pages like category and production detail page would not write.

We are stepping through but the queries keep back up..... since our upgrade to 2.2.8

Hopefully you will get some answers we can use

Re: Database issue after deploying updated store version

For now I've decided to stay on 2.2.7 for some time, but if any similar issues will keep anyone else from upgrading, it would be great if anyone here will provide some insights on what's going on and how should we proceed in this case.