cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Magento logo loading instead of thumbnail

Default Magento logo loading instead of thumbnail

Hi guys,

A small issue has presented itself with Magento and it occurs on category pages.

On a category page, if I have a configurable product displaying the swatches also appear. If you click on a swatch on the category page, instead of the thumbnail of the simple product loading in its place - a default Magento logo appears.

I have tried to troubleshoot this myself and I am stumped.

IS anyone able to assist?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Default Magento logo loading instead of thumbnail

Hi @james_raptis 

Can you please share the screenshot ? what's the actual issue are you facing !

so its help us to troubleshoot the issue

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

Hi Manthan,

Of course.

The first screenshot is how the category page loads at default. When I select a swatch, instead of the correct thumbnail for that swatch loading the magento logo loads in its place.

Hi @james_raptis 

I understand the problem now.

It happens because for that specific swatch - configurable option you haven't added any image so that its showing default Magento thumbnail image over there.

So when you create configurable product on that configuration wizard there is option called - Apply unique images by attribute to each SKU

Select this option and then select your attribute (original/into the wild) - then you will see all the attributes name with image upload textbox

so over there you need to upload images for each and every option - if you miss for any of option then it will showcase watermark Magento image.

Hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

Hi Mathan,

I have already double checked this and can confirm that all configurable options have their own images uploaded and a specific image selected as thumbnail.

The magento logo still loads despite of this. This is the issue that is faced.