cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Out of Stock when Salable Quantity is = 0

SOLVED

Display Out of Stock when Salable Quantity is = 0

Hi there,

I understood the MSI (Multi-Source Inventory) concept and I'm fine with it. But I would like your help to achieve the expected result below:

Preconditions:

Magento Opensource 2.3.2

Single stock source (default)

Single website

Single store view

Steps to reproduce:

A customer place an order

Magento will automatically decrease the Salable Quantity but keep Quantity intact until the order is marked as shipped or completed.

Actual result:

If I have a product with quantity = 1 but Salable quantity = 0, my customer will be able to see the product at the frontend without any warning message, but an "out of stock" warning message is displayed as soon the customer tries to add that product in the cart.

Expected result:

Once I'm not allowing backorders on my website, I was expecting that as soon a product reaches Salable Quantity = 0, this product would be marked as out of stock and not be displayed at the front end anymore. 

The existing process, using Quantity instead of Salable Quantity to remove an out of stock product from the front end is a terrible UX leaving the client with the impression that the website has a problem or bug, bringing down all the reputation and credibility built so far, which is terrible for business especially in our industry. 

Perhaps I'm the one missing some settings or doing some mistake, so please, if you had the same issues or have ideas on how to fix this, let me know.

Thanks,

Sergio Taddeo.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Display Out of Stock when Salable Quantity is = 0

Hello @Sergio Taddeo 

This was the issue in Magento 2.3.2 but resolved with the latest version, Magento 2.3.3 with enhancements in Catalog Inventory.

https://drops.meetanshi.com/ka5Ijc

For more details, check https://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.3/release-notes/release-notes-2-3-3-open-source.html

I would recommend upgrading to the latest version not only to solve this particular issue of yours but also to leverage the awesome features that it has to offer!

Thanks.

---
If you've found my answer useful, please give"Kudos" and "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

Hello @Sergio Taddeo 

This was the issue in Magento 2.3.2 but resolved with the latest version, Magento 2.3.3 with enhancements in Catalog Inventory.

https://drops.meetanshi.com/ka5Ijc

For more details, check https://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.3/release-notes/release-notes-2-3-3-open-source.html

I would recommend upgrading to the latest version not only to solve this particular issue of yours but also to leverage the awesome features that it has to offer!

Thanks.

---
If you've found my answer useful, please give"Kudos" and "Accept as Solution"

This thing doesn't seem to be resolved at all. I have Magento 2.3.3 and the problem still persists

Did you find any solution?

Not, yet.. I am using Magento 2.3.3 and I have same problem.

Hi Have you solve the problem with stock error? I have 2.3.3 am having similar problem all stock went to 0 and when tried to input stock and turn on then click the save I get message that [ The stock item was unable to be saved. Please try again. ] . 

Thanks

Ron

magento 2.3.4 same result

Magento 2.3.3 same here. 

Out of stock when qty=0 but can't return automatically in Stock when  Qty >1. I need to enter in product details change status and save.

Upgrading doesn't solve the problem, why is this marked as resolved? I'm on 2.4 and the problem still exist.

I am on 2.4.1 and same problem here.