cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elasticsearch Regular Returns No Results

SOLVED

Elasticsearch Regular Returns No Results

I've recently upgraded my Magento to 2.4 which necessitates the use of Elasticsearch.

Using the search function always shows the message "Your search returned no results". However using "Advanded Search" returns results as normal.

I've tested the connection and there seems to be no issues. My settings are as follows:

 

Elasticsearch Server Hostnamelocalhost
Elasticsearch Server Port9200
Elasticsearch Index Prefixmagento2
Enable Elasticsearch HTTP Auth No 
Elasticsearch Server Timeout50

 

Deactivating modules and running a re-index also does not seem to have resolved the issue so I am unsure what could be causing this problem

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Elasticsearch Regular Returns No Results

We think we've fixed this now. Essentially we had to disable the "Search" and "filter" options for some of the product attributes (I think that SKU was the troublesome one) and run the following commands in SQL:

1:

UPDATE catalog_eav_attribute 
SET is_filterable_in_search = 0 
WHERE attribute_id IN (SELECT attribute_id FROM eav_attribute WHERE entity_type_id = 4 AND backend_type = 'varchar')

 

 

2:

UPDATE catalog_eav_attribute AS cea
INNER JOIN eav_attribute AS ea
ON ea.attribute_id = cea.attribute_id
SET cea.is_filterable = 0, cea.is_filterable_in_search = 0
WHERE (cea.is_filterable = 1 OR cea.is_filterable_in_search = 1)
AND frontend_input NOT IN ('boolean', 'multiselect', 'select', 'price');

After doing this and reindexing, the search function seems to be working properly now.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Elasticsearch Regular Returns No Results

We think we've fixed this now. Essentially we had to disable the "Search" and "filter" options for some of the product attributes (I think that SKU was the troublesome one) and run the following commands in SQL:

1:

UPDATE catalog_eav_attribute 
SET is_filterable_in_search = 0 
WHERE attribute_id IN (SELECT attribute_id FROM eav_attribute WHERE entity_type_id = 4 AND backend_type = 'varchar')

 

 

2:

UPDATE catalog_eav_attribute AS cea
INNER JOIN eav_attribute AS ea
ON ea.attribute_id = cea.attribute_id
SET cea.is_filterable = 0, cea.is_filterable_in_search = 0
WHERE (cea.is_filterable = 1 OR cea.is_filterable_in_search = 1)
AND frontend_input NOT IN ('boolean', 'multiselect', 'select', 'price');

After doing this and reindexing, the search function seems to be working properly now.

View solution in original post