cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors not shown in developer mode

Errors not shown in developer mode

Hi,

while configuring my store (magento 2.3.1 running locally on MAMP) I quite ofter get Internal Server Error (installing new module, clearing cache, etc). I'm trying to see what causing the error, but can't get the system to show any exceptions.

My store is in developer mode, I enabled logging in bootstrap.php and added pub/errors/local.xml file, but still don't see any errors when trying to load my homepage

error_reporting(E_ALL);
stream_wrapper_unregister('phar');
ini_set('display_errors', 1);in bootstrap.php and added pub/errors/local.xm

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!--
/**
 * Copyright © Magento, Inc. All rights reserved.
 * See COPYING.txt for license details.
 */
-->
<config>
    <skin>default</skin>
    <report>
        <!--
            "action" can be set to "print" to show exception on screen and "email"
            to send exception on specified email
        -->
        <action>print</action>
        <!--
            in "subject" you can set subject of email
        -->
        <subject>Store Debug Information</subject>
        <!--
            "email_address" admin email address
        -->
        <email_address></email_address>
        <!--
            "trash" is handle about trace info
            value "leave" is for store on disk
            value "delete" is for cleaning
        -->
        <trash>leave</trash>
    </report>
</config>

Image 08-04-2019 at 16.44.jpg

What am I doing wrong?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Errors not shown in developer mode

If you're getting a 500 Internal Server Error then you should have a corresponding entry in your web server's error log.  

Verify that you really are in developer mode.

Check app/etc/env.php:

'MAGE_MODE' => 'developer',

From the CLI:

$ bin/magento deploy:mode:show
Current application mode: developer. (Note: Environment variables may override this value.)

Thanks, I verified and store is really in developer mode according to env.php file and cli output. Here's what I'm getting in Apache log when loading homepage:

[Mon Apr 08 17:23:59 2019] [error] [client ::1] FastCGI: comm with server "/Applications/MAMP/fcgi-bin/php7.2.10.fcgi" aborted: idle timeout (30 sec)
[Mon Apr 08 17:23:59 2019] [error] [client ::1] FastCGI: incomplete headers (0 bytes) received from server "/Applications/MAMP/fcgi-bin/php7.2.10.fcgi"
[Mon Apr 08 17:24:30 2019] [error] [client ::1] FastCGI: comm with server "/Applications/MAMP/fcgi-bin/php7.2.10.fcgi" aborted: idle timeout (30 sec), referer: http://magento.local/
[Mon Apr 08 17:24:30 2019] [error] [client ::1] FastCGI: incomplete headers (0 bytes) received from server "/Applications/MAMP/fcgi-bin/php7.2.10.fcgi", referer: http://magento.local/

You need to increase your site timeout in MAMP for php. That's the reason you're getting that message.