cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting products , categories, etc through SSH or another way

Exporting products , categories, etc through SSH or another way

I don't know what happened, but my Magento 2.0 CE now takes 1-5 minutes to load. And most of the admin pages are missing half of the page. We have about 200 products, but I cannot export them through the Magento Interface. The entire bottom half of the Export page is blank. I only have the option to choose what I want to export and what format (CSV is only format option).

So, I want to do a full clean install of the latest 2.1 edition, but I need to export the products, their images, their variations and also their categories.

How can I do this outside of my Magento site using SSH, Cron, var, etc? I actually can't access /var for some reason, so I need to do it through SSH or some other way.

This has caused the website completion to go past the deadline, so I'm about to lose he client who's been with me for 4 years now.

Can anyone please help me with detailed instructions?

I have been working on Microsoft based servers for 20 years, but this is my first Linux experience (it's hosted at bluehost on a dedicated server and is he only website on the server. It has 4 cores, 8 threads and 8gb of ram. One support team told me Bluehost was not a good host for Magento, but I would think this being the only site, and those server specs, it would be very capable.

I've read at least 50 forum posts, Magento help pages, and other websites on how to do this, but I can't figure it out with my limited Linux knowledge.

This is an emergency so I hope someone can tell me how I can export everything outside of the Magento website itself.

Thank you VERY much!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Exporting products , categories, etc through SSH or another way

Bump. Does anyone have a solution please?