cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gogole Analytics Tracking Transaction Duplicates

Gogole Analytics Tracking Transaction Duplicates

We are starting to work with a new client, and from day one we want to ensure Google Analytics data is tracking correctly.

Within transactions, we have noticed there is quite a big problem which impacts conversion tracking.

Within TRANSACTIONS we should be seeing one transaction for each order on the site, with a corresponding revenue against it.  

What we are in fact seeing is a transaction for each order which is perfect (highlighted in green below), but we are then seeing a separate transaction for every single product ordered.  Marked in RED below.

Screen Shot 2019-11-05 at 09.28.59.png

So for example, if the site has 3 orders, and in total those orders comprised of 4 products, we are seeing 7 transactions in google analytics. This obviously scews the data.

What we want to see in the above scenario is just 3 transactions.....i.e remove everything in the red box above.

As far as I am aware this is a standard m2 implementation. Currently 2.2.10

Does anyone know what might have been setup wrong and what the best resolution would be?

Many thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Gogole Analytics Tracking Transaction Duplicates

Hello @makeusawebsite 

By looking at the transanction ID, i am not sure but did you make sure this Google anlaytics account is not used for any other website too?

If you to do experiment, you can create one new google analytics account, configure that account as well in Magento to track the data and compare then. That should help you to clear doubt.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now