cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google API > Analytics - New GA4 Analytics accounts don't receive an account number

Google API > Analytics - New GA4 Analytics accounts don't receive an account number

I've just set up a new Analytics account for my site.

The GA account only has a "measurement ID" starting with "G-"

In Magento, if I go to Stores > Configuration > Sales > Google API > Google Analytics

I can set "enable" to "yes" Then provide an "account number".

If I use this measurement ID, hitting "save config" just resets "enable" to "no" and emptied the "account number" field.

On my older accounts, updating to GA4 just linked the GA4 account to the old account using the UA- account number. So those accounts still use GA4 and link to Magento using the old UA- Account Number. But my new account doesn't have a UA- number anywhere.

I've looked for some threads online about this issue, and there are some new threads asking how to link GA4 to Magento 2. Some threads are quite new, in the last few weeks, but all of the replies just link to blog posts saying to use the UA- number. Which my new account doesn't have. 

Any ideas? Doesn't Magento 2 need an update to accommodate the new GA4 ID's? 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Google API > Analytics - New GA4 Analytics accounts don't receive an account number

SAME ISSUE WITH MY ACCOUNT I ENTERED A G- ID AT MAGENTO ADMIN PANEL GOOGLE API BUT NO DATA TRACKING IN GOOGLE ANALYTIC 

MESSGAE AT HOME GOOGLE ANALYTIC 

No data received from your website yet.

To start collecting data, make sure that your website is tagged using the Measurement ID:G-RC6WJ

EVEN I ENTERED THE MEASURE ID 

Re: Google API > Analytics - New GA4 Analytics accounts don't receive an account number

Hey,

Unfortunately, Ga4 is not supported by older versions of Magento. GA4 utilizes GTAG to recieve data using measurement id G-XXXXXX. The Magento version 2.4.5 have the option available to add measurement and enable GA4 tracking.

GA4new.png  However, this is just basic tracking and we have discovered unless all the data layers are implemented correctly the GA4 reports are not accurate. There are several events that need to be tracked which can either be done using GTAG or GA4 implementation. Scommerce Mage has built modules using both implementations to give you access to the full capacity of the new Google Analytics 4. You can go with either GTAG or GA4 implementation as per your requirement.