cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i give write permission to => /var, /generated, /pub/static in Windows?

How can i give write permission to => /var, /generated, /pub/static in Windows?

I am try to install magento 2.3 by Wamp server in Windows, how can  i give write permission to  /var, /generated, /pub/static in windows?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: How can i give write permission to => /var, /generated, /pub/static in Windows?

1. right-click on the directory, go to Properties
  2. Security tab, Advanced..
  3. Permissions tab, Change Permissions...
  4. Add...
  5. Advanced...
  6. click Find Now, then find and click on "Everyone", click OK
  7. click OK
  8. "Everyone" should now show up in the list, with "Read & execute" permissions, here select "Write"
  9. check the box for "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object"
  10. click OK. That should recursively give read access to "Everyone".
Prema M

Re: How can i give write permission to => /var, /generated, /pub/static in Windows?

@prema_mani1 After click Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object then click save button few files running suddenly the checkbox automatically unchecked, i mean Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object unchecked. How can i solve this issue?

Hi,

The following commands will help to take the ownership of the directory and files:
D:\>takeown /f D:\path\to\directory /r /d y
D:\>icacls D:\path\to\directory /grant administrators:F /t

Example : C:\Users\Wamp\MagentoProject1> var /grant administrators:F /t

Prema M

@prema_mani1 After install i am getting error like,

How can i solve this error?

Hi @Jeeva Rathinam,

Css files not loading, Try to clear the following folders and deploy the content,

Remove folders in

• pub/static/frontend/*
  • var/cache
  • var/view_preprocessed/*

• php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy

Prema M

@prema_mani1  For directory permission successfully applied using D:\>takeown /f D:\path\to\directory /r /d y how to apply permission for files i am using icacls D:\path\to\directory /grant administrators:F /t not working getting error like

'icals' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

How to solve the error and give permissions ?