Our store currently uses stripe to process credit card payments, and we have it set to charge the card immediately. However, this also immediately creates an invoice, which we don't want to have happen. We realize that this can be accomplished by turning off auth and capture, but the problem is that window of time that passes between order placement and fulfillment can be 10-14 days, and the charge will be expired by that point. In a perfect world things would work this way:
- Order placed using store credit + credit card
- credit card amount is authorized and charged
- in magento, no invoice is created
- as internal team processes orders and they are ready to bill, we then manually invoice in magento
- credit card payment gets thrown on the first invoice that is created even though it was already charged previously
I can't figure out where in the code to even begin on this, as it seems that the credit card payment + invoice process is very tightly coupled into the Magento core. Any ideas/suggestions?