cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Show Out of stock and discontinued items at last position in product listing

How to Show Out of stock and discontinued items at last position in product listing

Can anyone please suggest on this .

I have more than 50k products in my website and I have created an attribute name "Discontinued Items" with yes/no option to show the product status like in stock or out of stock so there is no need to disable the products for SEO purpose if product is not longer exist in warehouse.

Now I want to list products in the below order at category page and search result page also product order should be work with sort by filter(position, price, product name) options .

1. In stock item
  2. Out if stock
  3. Discontinued items

Currently I am using magento 2.2.3 version for my website.

Can anyone please give the suggestion how it will be done.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: How to Show Out of stock and discontinued items at last position in product listing

Hi @dotsquaresltd,

Your idea is right to set yes/no method for products but I have some queries on this idea. Let's we look over into it,

For instance I set a product name Mobile If I set yes for the 'discontinued item' where it will be gone or If I set no for discontinued product where it will be getting stored whether in In stock or out of stock products.

If my information is useful, give me kudos & accept as solution

Best regards
Madhuresan
Bootsgrid

Re: How to Show Out of stock and discontinued items at last position in product listing

Hi

Thanks @madhuresan_ramanan for showing interest in my question.

Discontinue items can be exist in both (In stock or out of  stock).

Hi @chetan037,

Let me know for which condition (yes/no) It would be stored in In stock or out of stock.

If my information is useful, give kudos

Best regards
Madhuresan
Bootsgrid

Hi @madhuresan_ramanan

There is no condition a discontinued item can be in instock or out of stock.