cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to allow access to a folder with .htaccess

How to allow access to a folder with .htaccess

I recently upgraded to Magento 2.4.6. I've always had a folder named "PS" with pdf files in my magento root but now I can't access it. I noticed that this line from RewriteRule . /pub/$0[L]* my root .htaccess plays a part in blocking it? What changes in my .htaccess should I make to make the PS folder and it's pdf files available.

1 REPLY 1

Re: How to allow access to a folder with .htaccess

Hello @kanchi777k3aa3 

Please follow the steps below to allow access to a folder in Magento 2 using .htaccess:

• Create a .htaccess file:
    • If you do not have a .htaccess file in the folder that you want to allow access to, you can create one. You can create a plain text file and name it ".htaccess" (without the quotes).
  • Edit the .htaccess file:
    • Open the .htaccess file in a text editor and add the following lines:
      • Order allow,deny

•  

Allow from all

• This will allow all requests to the folder from any IP address.
  • Save and upload the .htaccess file:
    • Save the changes to the .htaccess file and upload it to the folder you want to allow access to. You can use FTP or any other file transfer method to upload the .htaccess file to the correct folder on your Magento 2 installation.
  • Verify the access:
    • After uploading the .htaccess file, you can try accessing the folder in your web browser to verify if access has been allowed. If everything is configured correctly, you should be able to access the folder without any issues.

If you find our reply helpful, please give us kudos.

A Leading Magento Development Agency That Delivers Powerful Results, Innovation, and Secure Digital Transformation.

WebDesk Solution Support Team

Get a Free Quote | | Adobe Commerce Partner | Hire Us | Call Us 877.536.3789

Thank You,

WebDesk Solution Support Team
Get a Free Quote | Email | Adobe Commerce Partner | Hire Us | Call Us 877.536.3789