As magento has released magento 2 marketplace upload validation tool.
Can you please help me with the procedure to test my extensions?
I don't know how to test the extensions as there is no any procedure to test the extensions.
Thanks in advance.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Thanks for your answer.
I know the procedure which you have given but i want to validate it before submission to magento marketplace.
so please give me the steps as how can i use the validate script.
Please read my question again,
1) Once you have packaged your extension in .zip file move it to a directory
2) Download the validation script and extract it to the directory mentioned on the first step.
3) Run the following command
php validate_m2_package.php <your_package_name.zip>
If no errors are there in the packaging and coding standards. No error will be visible on the console.
If errors are there those will be listed on the console.
For your reference purpose I have downloaded the wyomind-ordereraser-5.0.0 (NOTE: The extension has already passed the test and approved by Magento, I am using it to just to demonstrate.)
1) When I run the test first time with the extension package there are no errors.
2) Now I deleted the composer.json file and registration.php file from there package and run the test.
Please refer following links
I think above mentioned information should help you.
its giving me the error
"mytheme.zip" alternate folder structure is currently not supported
when following the procedure validating composer.json
through validate php file