cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help understanding a discrepancy between Default Stock value and actual invoiced orders

I need help understanding a discrepancy between Default Stock value and actual invoiced orders

Good Evening,  

I'm Mark and I am using Magento 2.3.0 this year to support a non-profit fund raiser, allowing us to finally have on-line ordering and credit card processing.

I am having a problem where the Default Stock column of the Catalog->Products view doesn't always correctly match the quantity remaining when you subtract the actual invoiced purchases from the Quantity column.  Most match, but there are exceptions.

I am using the query: 

select i.sku, sum(i.qty_invoiced) from sales_order so , sales_order_item i
where so.entity_id = i.order_id and so.status != 'canceled'
group by sku
order by sku;

to determine actual items sold, and it is returning results that match ground truth.

One example has a sku in which the catalog product view claims 5 of 5 available, however, the query reveals the correct amount sold of 2.  The default stock column _should_ be reading 3 unless I am not understanding its purpose correctly.

What information should I provide to help me troubleshoot this issue?

Cordially,

-Mark

1 REPLY 1

Re: I need help understanding a discrepancy between Default Stock value and actual invoiced orders

@mdhenning 

There are different setting in Magento as well as indexing should be in align to get the exact result you are looking for. Please see the below URL for some of the setting. You inventory can be reduce as soon as order is received or once you ship an order. This may a reason for the discrepancy you are having.

https://docs.magento.com/m2/ce/user_guide/configuration/catalog/inventory.html

Problem solved? Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.