cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Images Sever Error 500

Images Sever Error 500

Hi,

After installing Magento 2.3.3 and creating a test product - on the front end (and in the admin) the images of the product do not load. Checking in the console I can see error 500, and navigating directly to the image I see internal server error.

I have also used import to import circa 700 product (and associated thumbnails, base image and gallery images), and the same issue persists.

I have checked the media folder permissions are 755 and subfolders...

I have also tried to run bin/magento catalog:image:resize which only regenerated 1 image for the initial test product, not the imported products.

Any assistance appreciated. Happy to share logins via message.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Images Sever Error 500

**UPDATE**

I have resolved this by renaming the .htaccess in the pub/media folder - the one product test image now works.

However all products imported with product images (using external URL) are now error 404. 

I have tried the below - but this only picks up the 1 test product created manually not the 700+ imported products...

php bin/magento catalog:image:resize 

@john_clark2 if the images are on another server then change the media url from admin->store->configuration->general->web.

If the images are saved in magento server only then please share the console error or the path which is made by magento for the images.

Thanks

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for the response. After removing the .htaccess I'm now seeing.

"Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)"

I haved used an import tool to import the products and images from an external URL and the images are within the pub/media/catalog folder.

However Magento seems to be trying to pull these from the cache in pub/media/catalog/product/cache.

I have tried running the below but it does not pick up the imported products, only a test product created manually within M2.

php bin/magento catalog:image:resize