cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Images not appearing in back end after auto-update to 2.3.3

Images not appearing in back end after auto-update to 2.3.3

In the last day or so, my Magento 2 installation was auto-updated to version 2.3.3. Since then I've seen several problems in the admin/back end, most notably (so far) that images don't appear when adding or editing a product. It appears to be a problem with the image uploader, but I have no idea how to fix it.

Version: 2.3.3

Mode: Developer and Production (fails in both)
Browser: Chrome

I initially experienced the issue in production mode, then switched to developer mode, then switched back to production mode and even subsequently ran the static content deployment manually.

If editing a Simple product, I get the following errors:

images_not_showing_back_end_simple.jpg

And if editing a Configurable product, I get the following errors:

images_not_showing_back_end_configurable.jpg

In short, I can't add, edit, delete, or re-arrange photos or re-assign their roles. I have not seen any problems on the front end.

Thank you in advance for any help resolving this issue.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Images not appearing in back end after auto-update to 2.3.3

A little more readable if you don't want to bother with full-screen mode:

images_not_showing_back_end_simple_cropped.jpg

And...

images_not_showing_back_end_configurable_cropped.jpg

OK, well, I've sort of "solved" this problem, but this can't possibly be a long term solution. So here's what I found/did:

1) The file /pub/static/adminhtml/Magento/backend/en_US/jquery-ui-modules/widget.js was missing.

2) Upon review, I discovered that there was exactly one file and no subdirectories at all in /pub/static/adminhhtml/

3) I deleted all of the contents of /pub/static/ except the .htaccess file

4) I re-deployed the static content. Tons of files and directories now in /pub/static/adminhtml/ but still no luck with the problem.

5) Discovered that, although there was no jquery-ui-modules subdirectory in the above path, there was, in fact, a jquery/ui-modules subdirectory, and it contained a widget.js file.

6) I copied all of the contents of jquery/ui-modules to a newly-created jquery-ui-modules directory.

7) Problem solved. Everything working for now. But this can't possibly be a lasting solution. I assume I'll have to redo this every time the static content is redeployed, no?

So still looking for some guidance here.

I have the exact same issue. Did you learn anymore about this? 

Well, the bad news is no, I never found out what the problem was. The good news is that after a few days it fixed itself overnight. It left me to wonder if it had been a problem with GoDaddy, our web host. All the things I tried made no difference, and I never saw any evidence that a new update had been auto-applied.

Hello, same problem on Magento ver. 2.3.7-p2 i get crazy the problem appear for some products, no special reason, i've try many solution, but no solution.

i've found tis https://www.simicart.com/blog/magento-images-not-showing/ and try all soltions but sometimes the bug arrive again