cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Images on homepage disappear after admin logout

Images on homepage disappear after admin logout

Been a user of CE1.7 and 1.8 for several years, and am moving my sites to CE 2.2.0  Fresh install on a new host, manually keyed products in and uploaded images as normal.  Menus, product loads just fine.

Upon adding content to the homepage, I uploaded two images through Media Storage, and save the page.  I do receive the 'page saved' message.

Reload the homepage and they appear, later to discover they have disappeared.  I've narrowed it down to as soon as I log out of the admin side, and reload the homepage the images are gone.  There are placeholders, and the alternate text is displayed, just not the images.

Anyone else encountered this?  And if so, what is the fix.  I'd like to say I'm missing doing something but I have a hunch there is more to it.  This is driving me nuts Smiley Happy

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Images on homepage disappear after admin logout

Bizarre! That seems unusual and something you would only typical expect if you were using some staging and preview system which I assume you aren't. Do they come back when you log in?

If you are logged out, open the developer console in your brower and reload the homepage. Are the images in the source code or requests for them made but fail?

Are the images still in the CMS page in admin?

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

Re: Images on homepage disappear after admin logout

<That seems unusual and something you would only typical expect if you were using some staging and preview system which I assume you aren't.>

That's correct, it is not a development system.

<Do they come back when you log in?>

Negative.  In order to get them to appear again, I had to insert them again through Media Storage.

<If you are logged out, open the developer console in your brower and reload the homepage. Are the images in the source code or requests for them made but fail?>

I hadn't tried that honestly.  What I ended up doing was creating a folder and uploading the images into it, and just linking directly to the image.