cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Store Pickup Issues on Magento 2.4.1

In Store Pickup Issues on Magento 2.4.1

Hello,

I am trying to use In Store Pickup for a single store, and I cannot figure out why it's not working. I followed the documentation, but it doesn't mention anything about how to handle it on the Products side. I am guessing you need to assign the new source to the product, but when I do this, the product no longer appears. I made sure I had enough in the quantity as well. In order for it to show up, I have to assign the default again. But doing this doesn't allow the option to choose In Store Pickup to show. It's extremely confusing.

https://01d4bf7979.nxcli.net/

This is on a fresh install.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: In Store Pickup Issues on Magento 2.4.1

Nevermind. I figured it out!

For anyone who also struggled with this, you need to go into Stores - Stocks in the backend and add a New Stock which assigns to the new source you made. Then you can edit your products to point to the new source and it will work!

Why wasn't any of this mentioned in the documentation?

https://docs.magento.com/user-guide/shipping/shipping-in-store-delivery.html

There is no mention about the IMPORTANT steps I had to make in your documentation link.

Intheshallow, thanks a lot for your info!

Have been searching for this solution for a while now and tried so many things.

I did find that I needed to add a STORE > INVENTORY > SOURCE location before pick-up would be available, but you also need to add a STORE > INVENTORY > STOCK location and link that to your source. Finally I found out after I saw your info. You're right; why is it not mentioned in the documentation?

Also you need to enter a qty for that inventory source for your product before it will show this feature in the cart.

Now I only need to change all the other products that mention 'out of stock' at this moment...

After going through all the hoops and even learning about how to setup a Google Maps API key (also important to setup in CatalogInventory settings) I still don't have it running.

When selecting Pick in Store, always a message "We could not preselect pickup location based on available information, please select it manually." and when searching for a location, no location found (also no API call registered at google maps platform). You have to search first, then clear the search et voilá the store is there to select.

This is so badly tested. And so not 'single store' friendly.

Why not make it possible for easy setup first. Then add MSI options later.

[edit]

Had to add billing account to Google Maps API because Magento uses the paid Geocoding API. Now finally after 10 hours of searching and scraping information together, my store pops up when selecting Pick in Store. Pfew. So sad, so sad.

Hello! It also shows me "We could not pre-select the pickup location based on the information available, please select it manually" and I already have the google configuration API, can you help me?

You saved my life. I was scratching my head for hours, comparing the Magento documentation with the steps I did. After reading your comment, I realized we have to add stocks. Thank you.