cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittently Redirect to Empty Cart page after successfully placing order

Intermittently Redirect to Empty Cart page after successfully placing order

Hi, we have the site on Magento 2.2.6 and we are observing intermittent empty cart page most of the time after successfully placing the order on Magento. Intermittently after submitting the place order button sometimes it just shows the order success page and most of the time it does redirect the user to the Empty shopping cart page but in the background, it does create the order too. Since the issue is very random and there are no specific steps to reproduce the same, has anyone had encountered the same and suggest a possible fix. Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Intermittently Redirect to Empty Cart page after successfully placing order

@SoorajMalhi 

Sounds like there is performance issue during order submission. By any change you have some customization during order submission like calling a pixel, hitting 3rd part URL etc? Which may causing customer to submit the order twice. By the time 2nd attempt kicks in 1st is completed and shows customer empty cart.

Does submit order button get disabled once clicked or do you show any sort of loader in case submission is slow?

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

Hi Tarandeep,

The place order button is getting disabled after one click and it never submitted twice. Since as I mentioned the case is very random like for the same sort of information some times it redirects it to the success page and some time to the empty cart page. I can't see any external script executed during the order process. Since the issue is very random and occurs only intermittently. 

Thanks

Did you find the reason and solution?

Hi,

I have same issue,

did you fixed it?