cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to give multiple selectable themes in frontend of magento 2 single store site?

SOLVED

Is it possible to give multiple selectable themes in frontend of magento 2 single store site?

I got a work in magento 2, in which client has suggested to use 2 selectable themes and allowing the customer to change between them. Change of theme to be done in top bar by selecting day or night icon. The only way I know how to do this is by setting up separate store for the second theme – but this will mean double content and SEO confusing

Then we can force the load of new theme selected my customer - but

My worry is that we conflict with Magento full page cache or local browser cache.

Thanks in advance.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is it possible to give multiple selectable themes in frontend of magento 2 single store site?

Hi @avitha 

There is no way to create option for theme on front-end.

The only way is you can create separate store for the different themes.

One thing i want to make clear in this is if the content is same you don't have to create separate content for different store instead you can use the same content on both stores.

Thanks

---
If you've found my answer useful, please give"Kudos" and "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

Re: Is it possible to give multiple selectable themes in frontend of magento 2 single store site?

Hi @avitha 

If you have any confusion then please let me know.

And If you've found my answer useful, please give"Kudos" and "Accept as Solution".

Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @avitha 

There is no way to create option for theme on front-end.

The only way is you can create separate store for the different themes.

One thing i want to make clear in this is if the content is same you don't have to create separate content for different store instead you can use the same content on both stores.

Thanks

---

Thank you for your reply

Hi @avitha 

If you have any confusion then please let me know.

And If you've found my answer useful, please give"Kudos" and "Accept as Solution".

Thanks!

Hi @Rahul Gupta 

You mentioned like, if the content is same you don't have to create separate content for different store instead you can use the same content on both stores. But the URL will change right, depending on the stores?

Thanks

Hi @avitha 

For your requirement you can create multiple store view for your single website.

Just go through this link and Learn about multiple store and store views.

https://www.mavenecommerce.com/2018/10/28/magento-store-view-vs-website-vs-magento-multi-store/

Thanks

---