cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Products in Catalog - Only a portion Showing Up

SOLVED

Issues with Products in Catalog - Only a portion Showing Up

I have a Magento 2.3 install.  It is my first time using Magento.  I have managed to get everything set up decently so far. 

I am noticing an issue I am not sure how to resolve:

• I imported 9078 products so far into multiple subcategories under the Root Category. 
  • In one of the sub-sub categories I have 9052 products. 
  • When I go to the catalog for this product I only see 2052 items in the filtering options. 
  • I have many more items to add to the other sub categories.

Is this a simple fix? I found an old post about a maximum of 10k per category but for an older version of Magento.

In case it is relevant: Ubuntu 18.04, NGINX, php-fpm, MySQL/MariaDB.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Issues with Products in Catalog - Only a portion Showing Up

There are many things.

1) You need to reindex the products which are imported.

2) In admin, it will show the product count in categories but to show them on the frontend. You need to check if they are all in stock, have the proper quantity, Status enabled, Visibility catalog search.

Please check all these parameters and if possible share the category page link so that I can see the product type if its simple or configurable.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

There are many things.

1) You need to reindex the products which are imported.

2) In admin, it will show the product count in categories but to show them on the frontend. You need to check if they are all in stock, have the proper quantity, Status enabled, Visibility catalog search.

Please check all these parameters and if possible share the category page link so that I can see the product type if its simple or configurable.

1) In index management everything was showing up to date and run within the last 5 minutes. I googled and ran 

php bin/magento indexer:reindex

It took an extremely long time to run Category Products (9:40).  Everything else finished in under a second. All my products are now showing.

Any Idea why it would show ready, having run a few minutes prior in the web interface but not actually have run?  Thanks for the help.

Thanks @nick_blanton1  for accepting answer. Also for Category products see below definition 

Category Products
In Magento you can set a category attribute named 'Is Anchor' to true or false. If it's true it means that the category in question will list all the products from it's child categories. Again, determining this realtime it will take more resources than just reading one table. This indexer creates the association between products and categories based on the associations you set in the backend and the 'Is Anchor' flag on the categories.

So the more the products are and if categories are selected is anchor the indexer has to work more needing more resources taking more time.

The ready status means all good, If the status is Invalid or something then it would be a problem. So we are good!!