cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with magento >= 2.3.2 in server with sodium version 1.0.8

Issues with magento >= 2.3.2 in server with sodium version 1.0.8

Hi,

I've been working with magento 2 since a while in a hosting (all-inkl.com) that does not give the possibility of changing libsodium version.

Since magento 2.3.2 I've been having problems accessing the admin interface in all the shops I've done in that hosting. The solution had always been to just use m 2.3.1; solution that, up to now, had solved my problems.

Right now I'm working in a shop that needs >= 2.3.2 due to some requirements from some modules, and that's a problem.

Anyway, trying some solutions found here and there in internet, I manage to login to admin creating a new user in cli. As far as I can tell, from all the tests I've done, the solution works, but I'm concerned that it's risky.

Could someone clarify how does the encryption works (at least to what extend), and how it's possible that if I've read all over Internet that magento >= 2.3.2 "requires" sodium > 1.0.13, I've managed to make it work? 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Issues with magento >= 2.3.2 in server with sodium version 1.0.8

I don't know if it's conceivable or not, that's part of my question too.

What I know is that it's working to some extend in this use case, and it shouldn't, isn't?