cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layered nav filters don't show "expected" set of products in the catalog

Layered nav filters don't show "expected" set of products in the catalog

Consider a configurable product that comes in several sizes (linked simple products) with an additional custom multiple-select attribute assigned only to those simple products listing three warehouses: A, B and C. So in that product for example in size "XL" the warehouse availability attribute contains "A,C"; product in size "M" has warehouses listed as "A,B" and so forth. The issue with Magento is that I cannot filter products of size "XL" that are available at warehouse "A" because when selecting both "XL" and "A" filters, Magento would display products that come in size XL at any warehouse and any one of its sizes (be it XS, M, L) is available at warehouse "A". Whereas I need the filter to not display XL-sized products that are not available at "A". The end result is that when such a combination of filters is selected in the frontend, I see products that are out of stock at a specific location.

Is that an expected behaviour of filters or am I doing something wrong there?

Magento v. 2.4.5 with ElasticSuite for search and layered navigation.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Layered nav filters don't show "expected" set of products in the catalog

One thing about Magento community that I find fascinating is that it's absolutely impossible to get a reply to any question anywhere on any forum and the dev community is filled with the clueless indians and vietnamese who barely understand simple English, amateurish, sloppy and disorganised but somehow expect you to pay. On the other side we have ukrainians mostly keeping to themselves trying to sell extensions via their countless companies to lost souls like myself. A pathetic state of things. Nothing good can or will ever come out of it.

Re: Layered nav filters don't show "expected" set of products in the catalog

One thing I learnt after few days of messing about layered navigation and filters is if you have same option values for 2 or more different sku's that product attribute will not be disaplyed int he layered navigation. which I find very annoying

you can check discussion about this here

check this link 

will happen if you use third party extensions that have multi select options aswell