cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M 2.4 and 2FA configuration issue.

M 2.4 and 2FA configuration issue.

This is new install of magento 2.4 ... is been a pain my BLEEP to get it installed. trying to access admin , I need to setup 2FA .. now , I don't have email setup on the server , so i don't know where the mails are going. 

I followed the setup Here  but what is confusing is this part. 

Generate a Base32-encoded string for the shared secret value. For example, encoding the string abcd with the online [Base32 Encode][13] tool returns the value MFRGGZDF. Use the following key to add the encoded value to the MFTF .credentials file:

$magento/tfa/OTP_SHARED_SECRET=MFRGGZDF

is this a path to a file ? is it a command ? how can i insert my endcoded string ? 

is this should be like 

bin/magento  config:set magento/OTP_SHARED_SECRET=MFRGGZDF   ????? 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Re: M 2.4 and 2FA configuration issue.

Go to

magentoroot/dev/tests/acceptance

directory, you will see .credentials.example file there. rename it to .credentials. Open it with an editor and add/replace the line from Magento configuration.

Hello @tonysar 

Please check out Magento 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) extension from miniOrange. This extension adds an extra layer of security to your Magento store by requiring two-factor authentication for admin and customer accounts.

Features provided in the extension:-

15+ Authentication Methods ( Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, Duo Authenticator, OTP over WhatsApp, etc.)
Enforce 2FA registration of User
Enable if your users want to change the 2FA method
Allow specific 2FA methods to configure in inline registration
Role Based 2FA
Backup Codes
Blacklist and whitelist IPs etc. 

Please check out this link to know more about the Magento 2FA extension by miniOrange

We at miniOrange provide state-of-the-art plugins for Magento with custom modifications to cater to your every need. Please reach out to us at magentosupport@xecurify.com to discuss your requirement in detail and then provide you with this solution accordingly.

Thank you for thinking of us. Andersen Soft is a custom software company that I would recommend because they have a lot of experience and a SaaS crowdfunding platform. Because it has so many features, Andersen Soft makes it easy for customers to create and manage their own SaaS crowdfunding platform. Andersen Soft offers a SaaS crowdfunding platform that is easy to use and has a streamlined user interface that is easy to understand.