cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 1.9 vs 2+ = Malware Security?

Magento 1.9 vs 2+ = Malware Security?

So I currently run Magento 1.9. I use a service called Sucuri to scan my site for malware. It seems like every month something comes up and it's often resulted by outdated software. I try to update my software immediately but updating Magento isn't as simple as clicking an UPDATE button, similar to something you find see with WooCommerce. It just seems like a constant battle.

How has Magento 2 improved things? I use to run my store through a CS-Cart store and never had these issues before. I switched to Mageto because of the flexibility and number of modules but it seems to feel like a tradeoff.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Magento 1.9 vs 2+ = Malware Security?

Hello @kabirraut_kabir 

Magento 2 also has almost one click upgrade but its not recommanded to do on production website, you need to update it successfully first in your development server and sort out the issues in case if any.

Magento 2 is popular for security too, they release at least 4 versions in a year which includes bug fixing, security updates, performance optimization and new features. So its worth to try Magento 2, 

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now

Re: Magento 1.9 vs 2+ = Malware Security?

@kabirraut_kabir surely magento 2 is far way better than magento 1.

But as you are concern with magento 2 upgrades so i just want to let you know if you are running your magento website on magento 2.3 version then it is very stable and provide many extra ordinary features which are not there in magento 1.

Also its your wish to upgrade it at anytime if you want any new feature otherwise the version is still stable and you don't have to upgrade frequently.

Thanks