cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2.2.5 minicart not working

Magento 2.2.5 minicart not working

Magento 2.2.5, upgraded from 2.1.5. The mini cart in the header is not working properly. When you add something to the cart it says, 1 item available, that part is correct. However the subtotal and the items are not appearing

The following error is in the console:

knockout.js:3012 Uncaught TypeError: Unable to process binding "foreach: function(){return $parent.getRegion($parent.getItemRenderer(item.product_type)) }"

Message: Cannot read property 'simple' of undefinedat UiClass.getItemRenderer (minicart.js:140)

which refers to these lines in minicart.js

getItemRenderer: function (productType) {

return this.itemRenderer[productType] || 'defaultRenderer';

//return 'defaultRenderer';

},

Console log shows "simple" for productType

If I comment out the return line and just return "defaultRenderer" it gives no errors but just no items.

This was using a custom Theme, not made by me but even reverting to Default Blank theme still gives the same error.

"itemRenderer" is in vendor/magento/magento-checkout/view/frontend/layout/checkout_car_sidebar_item_renderers.xml and other similar questions seem to imply that there is an issue in the XML but I can't see anything wrong with it.

I have disabled all non Magento_ extensions and there was no difference.

I installed 2.2.5 locally and took the vendor/magento/magento-checkout files and put them in this site, just in case, and deleted the module-checkout files from the app/design theme folder and it's still giving the same error. I have deployed static files, cleared cache, reindexed etc etc. Is there anything else I could be trying?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Magento 2.2.5 minicart not working

@aisling_watters

You can follow below link it will help you to solve your problem:

https://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/100792/magento2-knockout-js-issue-on-cart

Manish Mittal
https://www.manishmittal.com/

Hi Manish

I'm not sure I understand these posts. My current Magento_theme layout/default.xml file has this in it

<referenceContainer name="header.container">

<container name="header-wrapper" label="Page Header" as="header-wrapper" htmlTag="div" htmlClass="header content">
                <block class="Magento\Theme\Block\Html\Header\Logo" name="logo" >
                </block>
                <container name="header.panel.right.wrapper" htmlClass="header-right" after="logo" htmlTag="div"  >
				<container name="header.panel.wrapper" htmlClass="panel wrapper" after="logo" htmlTag="div"  >
                <container name="header.panel" label="Page Header Panel" htmlTag="div" htmlClass="panel header">
                    <block class="Magento\Framework\View\Element\Template" name="skip_to_content" template="Magento_Theme::html/skip.phtml">
                    </block>
                    <block class="Magento\Store\Block\Switcher" name="store_language" as="store_language" template="switch/languages.phtml"/>
                    <block class="Magento\Framework\View\Element\Html\Links" name="top.links">
                    </block>
                </container>                
			</container>
                <container name="header.panel.right.wrapper.bottom" htmlClass="header-right-bottom" htmlTag="div"  >
                    <block class="Magento\Checkout\Block\Cart\Sidebar" name="minicart" as="minicart" after="header.panel.wrapper" template="cart/minicart.phtml">
                <arguments>
                    <argument name="jsLayout" xsi:type="array">
                        <item name="types" xsi:type="array"/>
                        <item name="components" xsi:type="array">
                            <item name="minicart_content" xsi:type="array">
                                <item name="component" xsi:type="string">Magento_Checkout/js/view/minicart</item>
                                <item name="config" xsi:type="array">
                                    <item name="template" xsi:type="string">Magento_Checkout/minicart/content</item>
                                </item>
                                <item name="children" xsi:type="array">
                                    <item name="subtotal.container" xsi:type="array">
                                        ... subtotal stuff...
                                    </item>
                                    <item name="extra_info" xsi:type="array">
                                    </item>
                                </item>
                            </item>
                        </item>
                    </argument>
                </arguments>
                <container name="minicart.addons" label="Mini-cart promotion block"/>
            </block>
            <block class="Magento\Framework\View\Element\Template" name="top.search" as="topSearch" template="Magento_Search::form.mini.phtml" />
            </container>
                                </container>
            </container>
        </referenceContainer>

Does this look incorrect? Thanks!

@aisling_watters

I can not find top-header in this, can you please check once

Manish Mittal

It appears to be working now - I'm not sure if it's the upgrade to 2.2.6 but it's working. Just don't want you wasting any time @Manish Mittal looking at it. I will report back with the cause and fix once I figure out what it was. In the meantime thank you!

@aisling_watters Thanks, Let me know if you will face any issue. Please close this issue if it is working Smiley Happy

Manish Mittal