cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2.3 bin/magento extremely slow

Magento 2.3 bin/magento extremely slow

Hi there, I have a magento 2.3.3 installation and for some reason any cli command that I run (bin/magento) takes like 10x more time than what it actually should? Did anyone ever experienced something similar and can help me out?

I am using MacOs Catalina with php 7.3

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Magento 2.3 bin/magento extremely slow

Hi @andersoncoc507 

There are multiple resources available to improve Magento 2 performance and all of them are pretty well documented.

Mode: Magento 2 has introduced modes, being the default one the slowest. Give the developer mode a try and always run your live store in production mode. More info here.

Cache: Varnish is supported out of the box, pretty easy to configure and use.

Redis: Redis is an optional backend cache solution to replace Zend_Cache_Backend_File, which is used in Magento 2 by default. It can be used for session storage and page caching.

Memcache: Memcached is an in-memory key-value store for small chunks of arbitrary data (strings, objects) from results of database calls, API calls, or page rendering. In Magento 2 it can be used for sessions.

It may help you!
Thank you

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!

Hi, the issue is not overall Magento performance.

I have the same problem: when lauching a simple command using CLI I see the process scanning all tousands of GB of disk. There is a away to skip this?

More than 3 hours just to change a configuration IP is too much!!

USER   PID  PPID PCPU       ETIME  CPUTIME COMM
nginx   27150 27147  1.8    03:49:47 00:04:16 php /var/www/nginx/htdocs/bin/magento setup:config:set -n --http-cache-hosts 10.130.12.239:6081

I can't believe nobody has the same issue...

I do have the same issue ,and this is because my magento doc root is a NFS shared storage .

So it depend to the storage speed !