cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2.4.2-p1 default source stock problem

SOLVED

Magento 2.4.2-p1 default source stock problem

Hi,
I'm facing some problems with a single source stock website in Magento 2.4.2-p1.

I have all the three categories and only one product, just for testing.
The project is still very OOB. No customization. Just the categories have been migrated with migration tools and some Amasty extensions ara installed but no used yet.

If I keep the Default Source the "salable qty" of the product is always 0 despite the product have positive qty, is in stock, good visibility, manage stock, automatic decrease, etc. All is correct in categories, anchor, whatever. Elastic is working, crons are working and there is nothing wrong there.

In this escenario the product never appears in frontend, no product view (404), no grid category, no catalog search... Despite enabling show products out of stock.

If I create a new Source and Stock channel, then I unassing and assing again the product to this new Stock with the qty and after save (and crons, reindex, etc.) the product runs well in frontend.

So, my question is, why I need to create at least a second Source and Stock channel in addition the Default Source if I only want work in a Single source merchant mode?

https://docs.magento.com/user-guide/catalog/inventory-stock.html
"You start with a Default Stock that cannot be removed or disabled. You can add additional sales channels to the stock only. The only assigned source is Default Source. This stock is used by Single Source Merchants, 3rd party integrations, and imported products."

I don't known if I missing something in MSI or new Inventory system configuration or there is an error with that.

Is anybody facing problems like this or can tell me what could I missing?

Tank you very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Magento 2.4.2-p1 default source stock problem

You check in the cataloginventory_stock table, see the number behind website_id =

If it's website_id =1 change it to =0 and reindex

LitExtension - #1 Shopping Cart Migration Expert

LitExtension helps store owners and agencies migrate all important data from one eCommerce platform to another accurately, securely and at the highest speed.

Visit website: http://litextension.com/

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Hello @Toni 

When your default source and stock is enabled for your product at that time go to the catalog product grid and check the "Salable Quantity" value over there. Please check this value and let me know. So, I can guide you better.

Hi @dipmegpro 

Salable Quantity is always zero with Default Source. In product edit view and admin grid view.

Hello @Toni 

In this case, you have to update the "Sable quantity" in the admin panel of the Magento for that particular product then the product comes back in stock and you can see it on the front side.

To do that you can upload the source and stocks from the Magento import-export functionality which is available under the system menu of the admin.

Is the problem solved? Click Accept as Solution! & Click Kudos

Hello @dipmegpro 

I've tried with Source Import but keeps de 0 in Salable qty with this CSV:

source_code,sku,status,quantity
default,<skucode>,1,1200

Despite of all why I need to use de import source to solve the problem? I don't want to use that.
I assume the Default Source must work well in single merchant mode right?

Thank you very much.

Hello @Toni 

You are correct that should be working. but if my solution is works then please accept the solution link or click on kudos.

Hi @dipmegpro 

Sorry but it does not work.
As I've mentioned in my last reply the Salable qty is still 0 so the problem is not solved for me.

Best regards.

Hello @Toni 

have you runs the indexer command after importing the source?

Hello @dipmegpro 

Yes sure, all is done, automatic indexer, cache flushed, etc.

In addition I've tried to disable the global "Manage stock" to NO and the product is showed in product view but not in categories grid.
Just for more info, I have the flat category/product disabled according to Magento documentation recommendation.

Please check product salable quantity, This issue can come if the salable quantity is zero to fix that please make sure you have a view table inventory_stock_1 in your database.

This issue can come if you have migrated database from one to another so that time you may be missed to migrate view tables.

LitExtension - #1 Shopping Cart Migration Expert

LitExtension helps store owners and agencies migrate all important data from one eCommerce platform to another accurately, securely and at the highest speed.

Visit website: http://litextension.com/