cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2 Issues after trying to enabling performance settings

SOLVED

Magento 2 Issues after trying to enabling performance settings

I have a site where i was attempting to enable the production settings as recommended in Magento 2 Performance Optimization

hence i changed Grid Settings, CSS Settings, Javascript Settings [Minify and Bundling], Template Settings.

 

Then i tried to enable production mode by running command

bin/magento deploy:mode:set production

This however did not execute rightly and i got error as below:

Enabled maintenance mode Config "dev/debug/debug_logging = 0" has been saved. Starting compilation Compilation was started. %message% 0/7 [>---------------------------] 0% < 1 sec 54.0 MiB%message% 0/7 [>---------------------------] 0% < 1 sec 54.0 MiBProxies code generation... 0/7 [>---------------------------] 0% < 1 sec 54.0 MiB Proxies code generation... 1/7 [====>-----------------------] 14% 1 sec 58.0 MiB Repositories code generation... 1/7 [====>-----------------------] 14% 1 sec 58.0 MiB Repositories code generation... 2/7 [========>-------------------] 28% 16 secs 178.0 MiB Service data attributes generation... 2/7 [========>-------------------] 28% 16 secs 178.0 MiB Service data attributes generation... 3/7 [============>---------------] 42% 17 secs 178.0 MiB Application code generator... 3/7 [============>---------------] 42% 17 secs 178.0 MiB Application code generator... 4/7 [================>-----------] 57% 35 secs 202.0 MiB Interceptors generation... 4/7 [================>-----------] 57% 35 secs 202.0 MiB Interceptors generation... 5/7 [====================>-------] 71% 1 min 248.0 MiB Area configuration aggregation... 5/7 [====================>-------] 71% 1 min 248.0 MiB Area configuration aggregation... 6/7 [========================>---] 85% 1 min 332.0 MiB Interception cache generation... 6/7 [========================>---] 85% 1 min 332.0 MiB Interception cache generation... 7/7 [============================] 100% 1 min 330.0 MiB Generated code and dependency injection configuration successfully. Compilation complete Starting deployment of static content sh: line 1: 27733 Killed /usr/local/apps/php70/bin/php -f /home/parent_folder/public_html/domain.com/bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f en_US 2>&1 Something went wrong while deploying static content. See the error log for details. Command returned non-zero exit code: /usr/local/apps/php70/bin/php -f /home/parent_folder/public_html/domain.com/bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f en_US

Since this, when i try to access the domain, i get the following output as HTML

[Long HTML Output Pastebin]https://pastebin.com/2x9y5J8y

I am not sure which of the changes caused this.

On searching the web, i am unable to narrow down the root cause. Any input would be helpful

1 REPLY

Re: Magento 2 Issues after trying to enabling performance settings

Hi @snaushads,

 

It seems you had permissions issues. Magento needs to create a directory but it can't.

--
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution"