cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2 REST API - update product: The consumer isn't authorized to access %resources.

Magento 2 REST API - update product: The consumer isn't authorized to access %resources.

Hi,

I am using the REST API to retrieve and update products in Magento 2. It works just fine when I request a list of products, attributes, attribute or categories. However when I want to update a product's attribute values, I get the "The consumer isn't authorized to access %resources." error. 

I am using the REST API by obtaining a token via the  V1/integration/admin/token endpoint. To update a product I perform a PUT request to the V1/products/<sku> endpoint 

What can cause this problem?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Magento 2 REST API - update product: The consumer isn't authorized to access %resources.

Have you tried setting Stores > Configuration > Services > OAuth > Consumer Settings >

Allow OAuth Access Tokens to be used as standalone Bearer tokens option

to Yes?

Founder at https://agency418.com

Re: Magento 2 REST API - update product: The consumer isn't authorized to access %resources.

Yes I did, but isn't it strange that I the get requests I describe do work with the same token?