cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2 Sales Report for Accounting

Magento 2 Sales Report for Accounting

Hi,

Magento 2 sales data lines in the sales report are not static each month (based on sales order viewing option in Magento 2). Say for example, the total for all February 2018 sales is £950,000 as of 1st of March 2018 and three months down the line (say as of 31 May 2018), the total of all February 2018 sales has changed to £920,000. Why is this so? I believe that there could be some refunds taken place later after February 2018 and Magento 2 has gone back to the sales orders initiated in February 2018 to correct the sales. Or, can this be an issue caused by the changes of the status in some of February 2018 sales? Is there a solution to this problem? I am not getting my monthly sales correct each month on my Xero accounting system and this is very frustrating to the business.

Shopify sales data lines are static every month and if there are any additional adjustments to the sales orders in a particular month, the sales report will show the adjustment lines (i.e. refunds, etc) at the bottom of the sales report of that period/month, separated from the sales data lines. Hence, from the accounting point of view, the monthly sales data lines are correct and any adjustments could be done easily in the accounting system (Xero, Sage or Quickbooks).

Any Magento 2 expert to help me out with this issue? I would appreciate your help.

Regards,

Jason