cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2 live website updating customer details issue

Magento 2 live website updating customer details issue

Hi all,
I am very new to magento 2. Our magento 2 live site was working all fine but suddenly I were notified that once an already approved customer updates his/her password or email address it doesn't let the customer log in back again with the new details. Instead it says that the customer needs to be approved by the store admin. Upon checking from the admin side we found that once the customer is updating the password or email details, it is automatically deleting the abn and trade number details and setting the customer to unapproved.
Nothing has been changed in the backend and this functionality has been working fine few days before.
I am very new here and would highly appreciate your help.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Magento 2 live website updating customer details issue

@iffat_jahan It seems like custom attributes have been added "abn and trade number" but when you updating customer records at that time it flush values of those attributes,  check your customization while edit customer profile.

-
Magento Programmer | Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.

Hello @iffat_jahan,

Have you installed any extension for approve customer by admin after creating? If yes, then that extension reset data of the customer. Might be that will be also an issue.

--
If my answer is useful, please Accept as Solution & give Kudos

Hi @gelanivishal

No extension was added for that feature as of my knowledge.