I'm new to Magento 2 development but have learned quite a few.
However I'm still having problems with switching modes.
My scenarion is this:
1. I install Magento 2 from my shared hosting CPanel / Softaculous Installer. This installs Magento in default mode.
2. I modify "symlinks" to "copy" in app/etc/di.xml
3. I setup cron jobs in CPanel. They work properly.
4. I login and set magento to minify css / js files and adjust aditional settings.
5. I change to production mode in app/etc/env.php
6. I deploy static view files
After the last step, when I load the frontend or backend, I end up with a bunch of 404s in my browser console saying that magento can't find css / js files.
Also, I need some advice on activating a module while in production mode. Do I run Web Setup Wizard or is there another way?
I think there is a workflow with exact steps that I'm not getting yet.
If someone could point me in a right direction regarding these matters, I would greatly appreciate it.