cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento self exported csv product file, can’t be imported back due to incorrect values

Magento self exported csv product file, can’t be imported back due to incorrect values

Hello, I’m using Magento website 2.1.5, community version.

How come is that when I try to import a csv products file (update/add) that I just exported few moments beforehand, (without making any changes whatsoever), 
I still get errors indicating that there are incorrect values inside the CSV ?

How come Magento cannot import back, the same values that are being already in current use, and generated by itself in the export process ?
And how come these values are "all the sudden incorrect” ?

For example I’m having this happened with values inside default magento attributes columns named: Mrsp_display_actualy_price_type
and
gift_message_available

The error message goes as follows:
Value for ___________ attribute contains incorrect value, see acceptable values of settings specified for Admin

I already found out how to solve it.
Usually the problem is that the values in this specific attributes should be words values instead of the values number
(which is the default way of my magento system to export with this specific attributes column)

So It’s doesn’t seem as that I had corrupted the file anyhow.
Jut to be clear I’m using Open Calc, and use text import to import the csv, and configure it on “UTF-8” and for language I’ve chosen either English or Hebrew but it doesn’t matter.

And I have other attributes with numerical values showing that doesn’t cause troubles, it’s only with these specific attributes.
So if I change the values to words instead of numbers than it usually works
But I wonder if there’s a better way to handle it, and if it won’t cause problems later on..

1 REPLY 1

Re: Magento self exported csv product file, can’t be imported back due to incorrect values

bump