Hello Magento Community,
I'm running v2.1.6 CE and have a theme that is used.
I'm utilising the confirmation link method for when someone signs up to the newsletter as it helps be identify majority of spammers.
1. Customer Enters email, hits the subscribe button
2. Gets no message on the website to say check your e-mail
3. The E-mail with the subscription link is sent to their inbox
4. They click the subscription link in the email.
5. It takes them to our homepage but no message appears on the homepage, for example check your e-mail.
6. No success mail is sent either to their mail so confirm successful subscription
Those points in bold that I want to fix. The first is to at least get the success mail to send to them, then look at any on-site notifications. Overall, I'm trying to do is that once the success e-mail gets sent I can include a discount code in the success template as a reward for signing up, which they can then use on their purchase.
If you use the default Luma theme you get the same result?
Hi I'm sorry I haven't replied..
I would have to get my dev to check this.
But since this was opened we've moved over to 2.2.2 .
For the redirection after the confirmation link is sent
We have a work around that when the customer received the subscription link it takes them directly to a cms..upon clicking the confirm link it then takes them to a second cms page which provides them with a discount code.
For the email being sent to the customer
Well, we're still getting a big number of customers not receiving the initial e-mail with the confirmation link. I've tested on my own emails, one an apple email and another of mine hosted with my hosting company.