Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration Issues - out of memory Errors

Migration Issues - out of memory Errors

I keep getting the below error while trying to run the Migration tool: 

./composer.json has been updated
Loading composer repositories with package information
Updating dependencies (including require-dev)
Package operations: 1 install, 0 updates, 0 removals
- Installing magento/data-migration-tool (2.3.0): Loading from cache
proc_open(): fork failed - Cannot allocate memory
The archive may contain identical file names with different capitalization (which fails on case insensitive filesystems)
Unzip with unzip command failed, falling back to ZipArchive class
The following exception is caused by a lack of memory or swap, or not having swap configured
Check https://getcomposer.org/doc/articles/troubleshooting.md#proc-open-fork-failed-errors for details

Warning: proc_open(): fork failed - Cannot allocate memory in phar:///opt/cpanel/composer/bin/composer/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php on line 959

[ErrorException]
proc_open(): fork failed - Cannot allocate memory

require [--dev] [--prefer-source] [--prefer-dist] [--no-progress] [--no-suggest] [--no-update] [--no-scripts] [--update-no-dev] [--update-with-dependencies] [--update-with-all-dependencies] [--ignore-platform-reqs] [--prefer-stable] [--prefer-lowest] [--sort-packages] [-o|--optimize-autoloader] [-a|--classmap-authoritative] [--apcu-autoloader] [--] [<packages>]...

I have found numerous posts online saying to set memory_limit to 2048MB and it is . 

I have 0 swap file and Aspiration Hosting is no help with this issue. They said I need to manually migrate the data over - I haven't even found any information on doing that. 

Any information would be great? 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Migration Issues - out of memory Errors

Hello @rick_wade ,

Possible solutions could be

• to set PHP > memory_limit = -1
  • In data migration tool > config.xml <bulk_size> = 1000 or 500

Increasing the server's memory from 4GB to 8GB, then assigning 7GB for PHP fixed the issue.

--
If my answer is useful, please Accept as Solution & give Kudos

neither suggestion worked. 

Hi, I don't know it is the right place to ask for given questions, how did you solve your issue ?