cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Backend Issues After Upgrade to 2.3.3 was Automatically Applied

Multiple Backend Issues After Upgrade to 2.3.3 was Automatically Applied

Recently my Magento 2 installation was automatically updated to 2.3.3, and I've been experiencing issues in the admin ever since.

I've gone back and forth between developer mode and production mode and have redeployed the static content multiple times, but nothing has helped. And of course I've cleared/flushed all caches and deleted the contents of pub/static.

First issue: Filters aren't appearing in the product listing in the back end. See image below.

filters_not_available.jpg

Second issue: I can't add images to pages, nor can I create hyperlinks without manually adding them in code view. When I click on the image icon in the WYSIWYG editor, this is what I get:

no_popups1.jpg

I can only close that by clicking in the white emptiness, and when I do, it becomes this:

no_popups2.jpg

Then when I click somewhere else to close THAT, it becomes this:

no_popups3.jpg

Then if I hide the editor, then re-show it, everything looks normal. But THEN when I click on the image icon, I get this:

no_popups4.jpg

The same thing happens if I click on the hyperlink icon to create a link.

In ALL cases, there are no Javascript errors whatsoever in the console, and, in reviewing the various files in var/log, I don't see anything that is clearly related.

What is going on? Help! (Please) Smiley Happy

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Multiple Backend Issues After Upgrade to 2.3.3 was Automatically Applied

Can you ask whoever is hosting it to do a restore to a previous date? It's my understanding that if a website is built on open source, there is no support package and you can't upgrade to 2.3. I'm afraid to even try it.

Welp, after about a week of trying everything to no avail, the problem seems to have fixed itself overnight. Inasmuch as no one here seems to have had the same difficulty, I'm left to wonder if there was an issue with GoDaddy, our web host, with permissions or some such thing. They offer and indeed promote Magento as a standard app, with basically one-click installation and automatic updates. Oh well, here's hoping that's the last of it.

@jillian_stone wrote:

Can you ask whoever is hosting it to do a restore to a previous date? It's my understanding that if a website is built on open source, there is no support package and you can't upgrade to 2.3. I'm afraid to even try it.

Thank you for your response. First of all, can that possibly be true that you can't upgrade? That doesn't sound right. And to clarify, I was already on 2.3.2, and this was an automatic update to 2.3.3. I didn't do anything to make it happen.

2.3.3 released an update to the WYSIWYG editor on admin. Check your setting under Stores -> Configuration -> General -> Content Management

It lets you change options surrounding the editor.