cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Account Confirmation Email Text Broken

New Account Confirmation Email Text Broken

After creating a new account, before clicking on the confirmation link in the email, if the user tries to log in it gives the warning:  THIS ACCOUNT IS NOT CONFIRMED. <A HREF="HTTPS://OURDOMAIN.CO.NZ/SHOP/CUSTOMER/ACCOUNT/CONFIRMATION/?EMAIL=USER%40EMAIL.CO.NZ">CLICK HERE</A> TO RESEND CONFIRMATION EMAIL.

It does not create a clickable link, it actually displays it as above.

Any ideas on how I can make this link work?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: New Account Confirmation Email Text Broken

@bigbob2 Have you checked the email template for Account confirmation or if you can share the content of Account Email template.

You can make this as hyper link from the email template which you can find in Marketing->Email Templates.

Thanks

Hi Rahul,

I have looked in all the email templates for new accounts:

New Account

New Account (Magento/luma)

New Account Confirmation Key

New Account Confirmed

None of them seem to have the link to the text I am looking for.

@bigbob2 

Please check below configuration for your email templates:

1. Login to admin panel
  2. Navigate to Stores > Configuration
  3. Go to Customers > Customer Configuration
  4. Click “Create New Account Option
  5. Set “yes” in Require Email Confirmation
  6. Save the configuration.

After it just check below email template set for confirmation email:

configemail.PNG

Find out this email template in Marketing> email templates. You should find content like this:

{{template config_path="design/email/header_template"}}

<p class="greeting">{{trans "%name," name=$customer.name}}</p>
<p>{{trans "You must confirm your %customer_email email before you can sign in (link is only valid once):" customer_email=$customer.email}}</p>

<table class="button" width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<tr>
<td>
<table class="inner-wrapper" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" align="center">
<tr>
<td align="center">
<a href="{{var this.getUrl($store,'customer/account/confirm/',[_query:[id:$customer.id,key:$customer.confirmation,back_url:$back_url],_nosid:1])}}" target="_blank">{{trans "Confirm Your Account"}}</a>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</table>

{{template config_path="design/email/footer_template"}}

Manish Mittal
https://www.manishmittal.com/

The issue is not with the email templates but the error message that shows up when you try to login with an account that has not been confirmed.

The error message component no longer renders the `<a>` tag to show a link. Happened for me when updating form 2.3.3 to 2.3.5-p2. Have checked the LoginPost.php but it throws the same error message as before so it should have worked, from what I understand.

Any thoughts? Thanks

Hello

Did you fix it? We have same issue.

@manzaa wrote:

Hello

Did you fix it? We have same issue.

We did, but I can’t remember how now sorry, we were fixing a number of things at the same time.  However we ended up turning off email confirmations anyway as it was not reducing spam registrations and many customers were not receiving the confirmation emails (probably going in to spam), so we were constantly having to help people register their accounts.  Stupidly, Magento does not have the ability for the admin to approve an account either, so if a customer doesn’t receive the confirmation email, there is little you can do to help them.

Click here to resend confirmation email.

@bigbob2 wrote:

After creating a new account, before clicking on the confirmation link in the email, if the user tries to log in it gives the warning:  THIS ACCOUNT IS NOT CONFIRMED. <A HREF="HTTPS://OURDOMAIN.CO.NZ/SHOP/CUSTOMER/ACCOUNT/CONFIRMATION/?EMAIL=USER%40EMAIL.CO.NZ">CLICK HERE</A> TO RESEND CONFIRMATION EMAIL.

It does not create a clickable link, it actually displays it as above.

Any ideas on how I can make this link work?Click here to resend confirmation email.