cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd Image Error

Odd Image Error

Hi All, 

In the process of setting up my first Magento store and thought I would use the CSV import to create a bulk of products. As the first attempt did not fully work, I made the corrections and imported the updated file using the Add\Update. A couple of attempts later and the import completed without error. 

I went to check on the products and noticed multiple of the same images had been applied to the products. Plus a number of the "additional_images" did appear either. So I did a google and a couple of posts stated that continued usage of the import feature will do what I experienced with the images. So I thought, I would import the working CSV file again, but this time use the option "Replace". The import completed without error. However, when I access a product on the storefront, there are no additional images, just the default one. When I access the same product on the backend. All the additional images are listed and displaying correctly. 

I have tried clearing all the caches and even resized the images on the command line, yet the image does not load on the storefront. Has any one experienced this before, or does anyone have any advice on how to resolve this current issue? 

I do not have any add-ons enabled and using the basic Luma theme.

Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Odd Image Error

I believe I have worked it out. 

All the products are configurable products with simple products attached. I was adding the images to the simple product, If I add the images at the configurable product level, the images appear. 

Can anyone confirm if that is correct? As I thought the images would be required at the simple product level?

Thanks in advance. 

Re: Odd Image Error

A great way to see if you are configuring the data correctly is to manually create the product in the back-end; export it out...and look at the data to give you an idea of how it should be.