cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orders have wrong address information and have random products added to it

Orders have wrong address information and have random products added to it

Capture.PNG

Hello,

While testing the checkout system I noticed two main issues. Note during checkout everything displays properly, the changes/added items are only present after finishing the order.

1) Shipping information is not what is saved during checkout, seems to be replaced by filler text.

2) Random 'ghost' items added to order. These items are not inside the product catalog and seem to be different each time. Sometimes its lipsum text, other times seems like a filler product. Again, these are not available when I click on them or search for them in the catalog, also its not always the same number of products that are added to the order. Note that items are not reflected in the orders total amount.

Im new to magento and taking over the work of another developer. This issue has me really confused, where is the information for these items/addresses being stored/invoked? I believe it to be an issue with pre-existing custom code or extension capability.

Any advice or information as to how I should begin tackling these issues would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Orders have wrong address information and have random products added to it

@derek_leong can you share some screenshots for the same and share the public url if you can.

Also let me know if you are using any custom theme or third party extensions in your website.

Thanks

\Capture2.PNG

http://phpstack-242981-747653.cloudwaysapps.com/

Heres a link to the public url.

To replicate:

-Create account

-Add product to cart and checkout

-Choose a shipping option and choose 'cash on delivery' as payment method(to test without entering sensitive information)

-After finishing checkout, go to 'My Account' -> 'Orders'

The theme is sm Market(https://themeforest.net/item/market-premium-responsive-magento-2-19-store-theme/8945695), I posted a screenshot after running php bin/magento module:status. Since Im new to magento and didnt setup this website, I dont really know which ones arent default.

I;m facing the same issue I had previous store in m1 and migrated to m2 everything is working now except this random information in view orders.

Hello Did you solve this problem? 
How did you solved your problem? Please share here