cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PHP Fatal error on collect shipping calculation

PHP Fatal error on collect shipping calculation

Hello,
We encounter a PHP Fatal Error on our Magento2 Community Edition v2.1.4.
This case happens when we try to access cart or log in if we have in the cart: some inactive products, some active products and the collect_shipping_rates in quote_address table set to 1.
Here is the log of the error:
"PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted"
on a request like: "GET /customer/section/load/?sections=cart%2Cmessages&update_section_id=false"
The problem concerns the vendor/magento/module-quote/Model/ResourceModel/Quote/Item/Collection.php on _assignProducts method.
There's a loop on the shipping price calculating.

Is anyone had this error and could help us?

Configuration:

1. Magento2 Community Edition v2.1.4
  2. PHP 7.0.14
  3. MySQL 5.6.36
3 REPLIES

Re: PHP Fatal error on collect shipping calculation

Hi @ADubot,

I've made a test with 2.1.10 (I'll recommend you upgrade to that version because security).

In my case, I've added the product to the cart and then I've disabled.

Área de trabajo 1_003.pngProduct disable

Then I've clicked to see my cart.

Área de trabajo 1_004.pngCart

Of course, there is a problem there (but to be fair I didnt' clean cache and my cronjobs and reindexers are not running in this dev environment).

Área de trabajo 1_006.pngMini cart

The mini cart didn't refreseh but, as I said, I've just disabled the product and I dind't execute another command.

--
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution"

Maybe if you can reproduce the issue on a vanilla installation you could create an Issue on GitHub with the proper instructions: https://github.com/magento/magento2/issues

--
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution"

Hi @Damian Culotta,

Did you have the possibility to test a case with 1 enabled product and 1 disabled product in the cart?

Because we checked that was this case that caused the fatal error: Magento tried to delete the disabled product but didn't succeed in, and caused a lot of memory usage until reaching the memory limit.

Thank you